Looking for the right home remodeling contractors in Northern Virginia?
If so, look no further than Daniels Design & Remodeling. Our home remodeling company’s team has been serving the good people of Northern Virginia since 1997, and we’ve got what it takes to make your dream home a reality. Whether you’re looking for a home addition, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling or any other renovation, our experts have you covered.
Why should you consider choosing Daniels Design & Remodeling?
Here in Northern Virginia, finding a remodeling company isn’t difficult. After all, there are many different remodeling contractors you could choose from. However, in order to get the best results for your money, it’s important that you hire the right contractor. Not just any renovation company will do for your home improvement needs, and when you want the best in the business, no company beats Daniels Design & Remodeling. Here are a few of the many reasons to work with our team for your remodeling project:
We offer cost-effective home remodeling solutions.
When you work with Daniels Design & Remodeling, you can enjoy a lot of bang for your buck, no matter how big or small your project may be. Unlike other remodeling companies, we’ll center the project around your budget, rather than forcing you to determine your budget based on the project you want to complete. We can also help you save by applying our design fee to the completed construction price!
We have years of experience.
As we mentioned, Daniels Design & Remodeling has been helping Virginians achieve their dream homes for more than 20 years! Additionally, we’ve built a team of the industry’s best carpenters, production specialists, architects, designers, masons and other talented tradesmen, and every member has considerable experience under their belt.
We provide customized home renovations.
Some of the other remodeling companies out there offer a strict menu of services, and there isn’t much wiggle room for custom home remodeling solutions. But, going with the premier Northern Virginia home remodeling contractors at DD&R means you have access to a company that knows no two homeowners are exactly alike. This means that, when it comes to renovations, there’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all construction solution. With us, you’ll enjoy solutions tailored to your own unique needs throughout each step of the process.
We use creativity to provide stunning results.
Not every homeowner knows exactly what they want to get out of a remodeling project. For example, many people know that they need to remodel their bathrooms, and that’s about as far as some people get. The fact of the matter is that not everyone has the skills or the eye for creativity, and that’s okay! However, even if you’re not an overly creative individual, that does not mean that you should have to settle for a cookie-cutter home! At Daniels Design & Remodeling, what really sets us apart is our ability to use our creativity and talent to create truly beautiful designs. If you already know what you’re looking to get out of a renovation, we’ll help you achieve it. But, if you’re unsure of what you want out of a renovation, we’ll help you enjoy a finished result that is so much more than what you thought it could be.
We offer home remodeling services you can trust.
Since we opened our doors in 1997 — back when hair scrunchies and frosted tips were all the rage, and the world was enthralled by Jack and Rose’s unsinkable love story — we’ve always striven to provide our clients with only the highest quality craftsmanship, the highest level of service, the most creative designs and the most innovative building techniques. Our high standards of excellence have helped us earn 25 awards over the years, including Best of Houzz for 2015, 2016 and 2017, the Super Service Award from Angie’s List, the Best of the Best Design Award from Pro Remodeler and the NARI CotY Award, just to name a few. Combine our many awards with our five-star Google Rating, and you’ll see why so many people choose the Daniels Design & Remodeling team for their Northern Virginia home renovation needs.
We provide local expertise.
Whether your remodeling project is large or small, it’s always smart to choose a local team. Why? Because locals have a lot more insight into everything about the area, including the building codes, laws and regulations that must be adhered to. And, luckily, our team is made up of mostly local professionals who were largely born and raised right here in Northern Virginia, and who have trained under the very best builders and remodeling contractors around.
We will give you three design options.
With DD&R’s home remodeling contractors, you’ll have more options to choose from in terms of the design of your project. With most other remodeling companies, when you tell them what you’re looking for, they’ll typically come back with one design for you to look at and approve. Of course, in most cases, tweaks can be made to help you come up with something you like, but there are only so many ways to customize one design. But, with our team, you’ll get three designs to choose from, giving you more options and more room to find the perfect one for your stylistic, functional, and budgetary preferences.
We’ll keep you updated every step of the way.
When you’re spending thousands of dollars on a renovation, the last thing that you want is to be stuck wondering what’s happening with it. That’s why, at Daniels Design & Remodeling, we make it a point to stay in contact with you on a regular basis after construction begins. With us, you’ll enjoy weekly progress meetings, where we’ll discuss the progress that has been made, address any concerns that may have come up, talk about any upcoming decisions that need to be made and keep you up to date on the schedule. When you choose our team, you’ll always be in the know about what’s going on with your renovation.
As you can see, there are so many reasons to choose the best home remodeling contractor in Fairfax, Virginia, and beyond!
Get the results you want in three easy steps!
At Daniels Design & Remodeling, we’re proud to say that we’ve been in the remodeling business for more than two decades now. In all of that time, we’ve handled a range of projects, from minor bathroom renovations to full room additions, and we’ve learned a thing or two about how to provide the best results in the most efficient way possible. That has led us to develop our own three-step process that we use for each and every renovation, no matter how large or small it may be.
Step 1. Feasibility Study
The first step in our process is centered on getting to know you, learning your vision and determining if your vision is possible based on your existing home. Here is a list of what you can expect from the Feasibility Study:
- Home Visit – During the home visit, a few key members — an Estimator, an Architect, our Director of Client Services and any necessary trade contractors — of our team will come out to your home to do an on-site evaluation.
- Site Measure – We’ll measure your home and take photos. This will help us create realistic architectural drawings of your space.
- Site Study – In order to avoid any expensive and time-consuming surprises during your house renovation, we’ll perform a site study so that we can familiarize our team with the space and catch any potential issues before they become problems.
- Conceptual Designs – We’ll provide you with not one, not two but three conceptional designs, demonstrating three unique ideas for bringing your project to life.
- Material Selections – We’ll identify materials that match your tastes and preferences, and then we’ll help you manage all of your material selections and combine them into a cohesive, easy-to-understand package.
- Trade Evaluations – We’ll sit down with each individual tradesmen necessary for bringing your renovation to life, ensuring that everyone understands the concepts, the scope or the work and what is required in order to get your custom home renovation up to code.
- Compile the Data – Once all of the other boxes have been checked, we’ll have everything we need to provide you with a comprehensive plan for your renovation.
Step #2. Choose Your Design
Once all of your options have been presented to you, the fun part begins! Here’s what you can expect from step two of the renovation process:
- Office Visit – You’ll come to visit our office, and our team will present you with three different conceptional designs to choose from. Each design will be based on your style, tastes and needs, and, in this step, you’ll choose the one that best fits you.
- Authorize Agreement – Once your design has been chosen, you’ll authorize our fixed construction agreement that outlines the total price for the project and the approximate timeframe, as well as any necessary terms for your individual project.
- Selections – If, at any time in the creative design phase, you decide you want to change or adjust something, just let us know! Whether you change something small, like the flooring material you chose, or you want to change something large, like the floor plan, now is the time to do so. Simply authorize any necessary adjustments with an addendum to your contact, and we’ll move forward with them.
Step #3. Build Your Project
Once you’ve reached the third step, it’s time to get started on making your dream home a reality! Here’s what to expect in the construction phase that is step three:
- Scheduling – Once the agreement has been made, we’ll provide you with the production schedule, which will outline every step of your project from start through completion, and it will include dates. We’ll also discuss the schedule with you regularly, so that you can stay up to date.
- Permitting – We’ll present the drawings for the completed project to the architectural review board in your neighborhood or community. All necessary permits will be obtained before we start working, helping to reduce unnecessary delays.
- Pre-Construction Meeting – At the pre-construction meeting, we’ll discuss your expectations for interacting with our team on a day-to-day basis. This will include determining where to place the dumpster, where our team can park, the necessary accommodations for your pet, etc. We’ll also review the project again and address any of your questions or concerns.
- Weekly Progress Meetings – Throughout your project, we’ll meet with you every week to keep you up to date on everything that’s going on with your renovation.
- Inspections – All appropriate inspections will be made throughout the course of the project, ensuring that your renovation is up to code when complete.
- Final Walk Through – Your satisfaction is always our number one priority, and although we always aim to get it right the first time, the final walkthrough will give you a chance to point out anything you aren’t happy with. We’ll build out a list with any and all open items to be addressed.
- Warranty – There’s no such thing as a cheap remodeling project, but when you work with Daniels Design & Remodeling, you’ll have the added peace of mind in knowing that your renovation is covered 100 percent by our two-year warranty.
Now that you understand a little bit more about our process, you can gain the confidence you need to take the first step towards remodeling your home!
Are you ready to work with Northern Virginia’s premier home renovation company?
If so, there’s no better company to turn to than Daniels Design & Remodeling. We’ve completed a variety of projects over the years, including kitchens, bathrooms, porches and patios, living spaces and home additions, and we even offer specialty design, such a universal design and green remodeling. No matter what you envision for your home, our team has what it takes to make it happen! With each and every project we take on, we are passionate about not only meeting your expectations but exceeding them, and once you have taken the time to work with our talented and experienced team, you’ll see why we’ve become the number one choice for home additions and renovation projects in Northern Virginia.
What are you waiting for? Make your dream home a reality by scheduling a conversation with our remodeling contractors today!
Which remodeling projects will get you the biggest bang for your buck?
There are so many different remodeling projects out there that can enhance your home and add value to your property. Deciding which option is the best for your needs may not always be so obvious, and because most remodeling projects aren’t exactly cheap, it behooves you to consider the kind of return you’ll get on your investment. But, which projects will provide you with the biggest return on your investment? Here are the top five!
#1. Minor Kitchen Remodel – ROI: 81.8 percent
A minor kitchen remodel is essentially giving your kitchen a facelift and enhancing its functionality. Here are a few options for your minor kitchen remodel in Fairfax or elsewhere:
- Replace old, outdated wood panels and drawer fronts with new ones, including the hardware, but leave the existing cabinet boxes where they’re at.
- Replace the floor with newer, more resilient flooring.
- Replace the oven range/cooktop and refrigerator with more efficient models.
- Replace old laminate countertops.
- Replace the faucet and sink.
Universal Design Bathroom – ROI: 74 percent
Updating a space with a universal design means designing a space that is accessible for everyone, regardless of age, size or ability, which often means making a space more functional for people who have disabilities. Here are a few ways to update an existing bathroom with a universal design:
- Widen the doorway.
- Move the outlets and electrical switches to sitting level.
- Reconfigure the storage so it’s accessible at sitting level.
- Reinforce the bathroom walls so that towel hooks, seats and grab bars can be safely installed.
- Replace the bathtub with walk-in shower that has grab bars and a fold-down seat.
- Replace the toilet with a taller one, and install a grab bar on the wall.
- Replace the bathroom vanity with a sink that you can roll a wheelchair under.
- Replace the sinks handles with lever handles.
- Replace the overhead lighting with LED lights equivalent to about 100 watts.
Bathroom Remodel – 73.5 percent
There are many ways to remodel and enhance your bathroom. Here are a few of the tasks a typical bathroom remodeling project will consist of:
- Replace the floors with ceramic tile flooring.
- Replace the shower tiles with ceramic tile.
- Replace the bathtub with a porcelain-on-steel tub.
- Replace all of the fixtures with low-flow or energy-efficient fixtures, including the shower, toilet and sink.
- Replace the sink/vanity with a solid-surface vanity counter that has an integral sink.
- Add a recessed medicine cabinet with updated lighting.
Major Kitchen Remodel – 60.5 percent
Doing a major remodel on your kitchen will help to enhance its look, energy efficiency and functionality. Here are a few options for your major kitchen remodel:
- Install an island in the center of the kitchen.
- Replace the cabinets with custom wood cabinets.
- Add in additional storage space.
- Replace the countertops.
- Replace a standard sink with a single-lever faucet to a double-tub, stainless steel sink.
- Replace the fixtures and appliances with newer, more energy-efficient models.
- Install a built-in microwave.
- Replace the flooring with new, more resilient flooring.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to the ceiling, walls and trim.
- Install custom lighting.
Master Suite Addition – 57.2 percent
Adding a master suite to your home means adding a master bedroom with a bathroom attached to it. The average size of a master suite addition is 24 feet by 16 feet. Here’s what the project may entail:
- Carpeting in the bedroom
- Ceramic tile in the bathroom
- A walk-in closet or dressing area
- A free-standing tub to soak in
- A separate shower with ceramic tile
- A double-bowl vanity
- A solid-surface countertop
- Painted walls, trim and ceiling
- General lighting and spot-lighting
Now that you have a feel for our process, project types, and the kind of return-on-investment that is typical for the home remodeling projects listed, it’s high time we highlight what our customers are saying about working with our home remodeling contractors in Northern Virginia.
At Daniels Design & Remodeling, we are passionate about our commitment to putting the customer first in all that we do. But we also understand that nearly every remodeling contractor under the sun is going to have similar claims in this regard. We could talk (or write) about excellent customer service until we are blue in the face (or fingertips), but at the end of the day, the proof remains in the pudding. In this case, the pudding happens to be real reviews and testimonials from real customers of Daniels Design & Remodeling:
“Truly Increased Not Only The Value, But The Enjoyment Of Our Home On A Daily Basis”
“Ted and his entire team at DDR are fantastic. Our project was on time, on budget and the space is now more functional and more beautiful than we had imagined it could be. DDR designed and executed a total kitchen/laundry room remodel for our busy family that has truly increased not only the value, but the enjoyment of our home on a daily basis.” – Amy F., Five Stars, Facebook Reviews
Amy, we are thrilled to read your kind words. But the pleasure we receive from hearing you enjoy your home much more than you were previously able to is what we really love about our jobs. Plus, increasing your home’s value is a nice little cherry on top! Thanks for taking the time to let us and others know how your experience was while working with our home redesign company, Amy.
“This experienced, careful and creative company did a wonderful job on my house. I would recommend them for a project of any size.” – Linda S., Five Stars, Google Reviews
Linda, we very much enjoy being described with the adjectives you selected — it makes us feel great! What’s more, we are so happy that you are pleased with the work we performed on your home. Please think of us again in the near future!
“On Time And On Budget, And Every Phase Was Extremely Well Thought Out”
“Ted Daniels and his team are talented, professional, creative, and above all, determined not to leave a job until it is completed to their and their clients’ satisfaction. The whole team is hands-on and willing to walk you through every step of a design/remodel project. They did a beautiful job on our kitchen remodel. It was completed on time and on budget, and every phase was extremely well thought out. We enjoyed having them in our home and recommend them without hesitation. They will be the first people we call for our next project.” Reid R., Five Stars, Facebook Reviews
Reid, this testimonial so much encapsulates our mission at DD&R; above all, we prioritize client experience, so it’s amazing to see those efforts be recognized like you have here. More specifically, we do our best to ensure we are proactively communicative with our clients, informing them about each step along with keeping them posted about what to expect in the days to come.
Attention to detail and considerate planning are hallmarks of our home remodeling firm, so we are thrilled to hear about your experience, Reid. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in the future!
“A Very Unique, Boutique Like Experience”
“Nothing but great things to say about the Daniel’s team. They care about producing high quality work while making sure to stay on budget. They’re very attentive to details and provide a very unique, boutique like experience.” Jack K., Five Stars, Google Reviews
We’d be remiss if we failed to point out a motif of the reviews we’ve selected to highlight — we are serious about being on time and on budget. As far as we are concerned, those two elements are as closely connected with customer experience as anything else. Jack, thanks for recognizing our efforts. We hope you think of us again if you have any home redesign projects in mind! Schedule your conversation with Northern Virginia’s premier home design remodeler today!
We hope that this guide has given you the information you need to find the right project for your needs, your budget and your property’s value. Of course, these are just a few ideas of what can be done in each of these remodeling projects. Here at Daniels Design & Remodeling, we’re proud to say that we allow our creativity and experience to guide us in designing and completing the perfect project for you. And, we’re dedicated to ensuring that, no matter what you want out of your project, we’ll make it happen. Your satisfaction is always our home remodeling contractors’ number one priority.
Welcome back to the Daniels Design & Remodeling blog! You join us in the midst of a blog series discussing the fundamental principles of interior design, as the title no doubt already revealed. Part one saw us highlight just three principles of interior design:...
Daniels Design & Remodeling is excited to embark on a blog series which our readers should find quite useful, whether you end up enlisting our home remodeling services for yourself or not. We are confident that the vast majority of us will need to recall at least...
Welcome back to the Daniels Design & Remodeling blog, where we do our best to provide our readers and prospective customers alike with practically useful information about home remodeling projects and what they entail. In our most recent blog series, we took the...
We at Daniels Design & Remodeling are thrilled to be able to announce that the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Metro DC Chapter named our luxury remodeling company the 2019 Capital CotY winner for the category of Residential Exterior Over...
Best of Houzz Design 2019 of Fairfax, Virginia Awarded Best Of Houzz 2019 Awarded by Community of Over 40 Million Monthly Users, Annual BOH Badge Highlights Home Remodeling & Design Professionals with Top Ratings and Most Popular Home Designs Fairfax, VA, United...